July 3, 2010

Thoughts on the "Let the Right One In" remake...

Now that the teaser/international trailer has been released for the Americanized version of Let the Right one in, I felt the need to post my thoughts on it in much greater detail than just a sentence.


As a huge fan of the original film as well as equal if not slightly a bigger fan of the book (which I read after seeing the film)...I feel slightly conflicted. When I first heard heard that they were remaking this, I immediately hated it. Sight unseen. However, when I read multiple interviews and articles stating that it would be a re-imagining with differing plot points and NOT a direct remake, I was slightly encouraged.

Now that the trailer is out, it looks a hell of a lot like a remake to me. Like shot for shot in some instances. So, what's going on?

Also, using “From the Director of Cloverfield” to sell a movie is the equivalent of saying “From the mind of Diablo Cody.” It just doesn’t work. Also, a better music choice should have been used. Really doesn't set the tone for what the story is.

In the original they removed most of the trans-gendered pedophilia from the book, but they did not remove ALL of the transgendered pedophilia from the book, which just made a few scenes kind of confusing, but none to really over analyze. I will say that having read the book after seeing the movie was, well, different. And by different I mean Holy Shit, there was far more transgendered pedophilia than I was expecting.

I’m sorry, but are there really that many people who want to see this particular swedish vampire movie but don’t know how to read or have an aversion to dubbing? What is the reason for making THE EXACT SAME MOVIE in English?

I told them not to go there, but Hollywood went there.

1 comment:

  1. I think I said more or less the same thing but in a different tone. Plus I haven't read the book.

    ReplyDelete